Amazon’s first and the most successful MMORPG game, New World, just got updated with one of the most crucial and community-requested features — Server Transfer.
New World players rejoice as Amazon has finally added the ability to transfer servers with the latest update of the game. The update 1.03 not only adds a server transfer feature, but it also comes with various bug fixes, a emote, performance fixes, and much more.
New World Update 1.0.3 release date & time
New World update 1.0.3 will be available at 5 AM UTC on October 20 and will be pushed on all servers at the same time. Servers will be taken down for maintenance starting 5 AM UTC for upto 5 hours, so expect the servers to come back online fully at 10 AM UTC.
Server Transfer Now Available
– Advertisement –
After constant delays and setbacks, the developers are finally able to roll out the Server Transfer feature in the stable build of the game. As promised each account will get one free character transfer token which they can redeem to transfer to any server of their choice.
Although one thing to note, the server transfer is limited to the region in which your server is currently located. Basically what that means is that a player in the European region can only server transfer to servers located in the European region and not to servers located in North America or any other region.
“After we are sure players have had plenty of time to find the right server for them, we will later make server transfer tokens available for purchase in the store. We will give notice ahead of time when tokens are changing to a paid service,” devs said in the patch notes.
New World update 1.0.3 patch notes
- Server transfers added as of update 1.0.3
- Every player will receive one free transfer token
- Future transfers will be paid, released at a later date
- Rollout begins in AP Southeast before going worldwide
- Implemented final pieces of the server transfer framework.
- Added improvements to the World selection UI.
- Added clearer messaging when a player is kicked due to going AFK or violating the EAC.
- Added clearer messaging when stacked discounts are present, such as territory standing and faction discounts on property taxes.
- Implemented back-end changes to help our team investigate concerns around the client performance in War.
- Adjusted the respawn timer on Boatswain Ambrose and various other elite enemies throughout the world.
- In The Depths, Players must now be in the arena to damage Thorpe.
- An error message now appears when players attempt to buy their items in the Trading Post.
- Reverted a chest/loot change from update 1.0.2 that was causing too many refining reagents to roll from chests.
- Adjusted the volume on the Amazon Games splash screen.
- Armor is limited to 1 skill perk per piece.
- Added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Dyes are now removed from items upon trade with a warning message present.
- The Time to Declare War” timer now visually pauses to make it clear when an Invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. The territory remains in a Conflict state after Invasions, and War can be declared.
General bug fixes
- Fixed issues with the T4 and T5 azoth staffs— go close those high-level portals!
- Fixed an issue causing the abandoning event notification to persist.
- Fixed a housing UI issue. The UI will now correctly shows that property taxes are subject to the full price of the home, and not impacted by the first-time home buyer discount.
- Fixed issues with early game spawning. The watchtower respawn point is replaced by the Settlement after it has been discovered. Players no longer incorrectly respawn at a Watchtower after selecting to respawn at a Settlement.
- Fixed various localization issues throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where not all items for Town Projects were consumed when completing the mission.
- Resolved login errors that prevented players from accessing their characters.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena keys to not drop as intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Runic Bear armor to not be appropriately dyed during Wars.
- Fixed a pet placement issue. Pets placed in an otherwise empty house now remain in the home after the player logs out, instead of returning the pet to the player’s inventory.
- AP Southeast servers now display the correct time zone in-game.
- Fixed an issue with titles – player titles and achievements now appear as intended, and the achievement tab properly updates when a new achievement is earned.
- Fixed an issue that caused Company invites to persist after decline/accept.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rajah spawns to stack forever – one big cat at a time, please!
The fixes listed below are tentative fixes and mitigations. Our goal is to get these changes out and see if issues persist, so we can continue to work on them and address them in a future update if necessary.
- Worked to fix an issue where Wars and Invasions kicked off earlier than scheduled.
- Worked to fix an issue where not all settlement stations upgrade as intended when town projects are completed.
- Players should no longer become stuck when entering or exiting an instance. If a player reconnects and their character is dead, the respawn screen is open with respawn options available. Players who are currently stuck need to contact customer support to have their character unstuck.
Recommended | New World is Steam’s biggest launch this year
– Advertisement –