Splatoon 3 has got off to an amazing start – setting sales records and receiving plenty of praise from fans and critics alike. Nintendo’s already issued two updates for the game this month and now we’ve got a third one.
It bumps the third title up to Version 1.1.2. Nintendo of America issued a reminder to Splatoon players about this update earlier today on social media:
Following on from the translated Japanese patch notes, Nintendo has now also released the English patch notes on its support page. Here they are in full – covering changes to connectivity, controls, multiplayer and more.
Ver. 1.1.2 (Released September 29, 2022)
Changes to Connectivity
- Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors following battles and job shifts.
Changes to Player Controls
- Fixed an issue where players using dualies would stop attacking and enter swim form at the end of a Dodge Roll regardless of whether they were holding the ZR Button.
- Fixed an issue with the Drop Roller gear ability where the player would enter swim form at the end of their Drop Roll if they pressed the ZR Button while holding the ZL Button during the Drop Roll, regardless of whether they continued holding the ZR Button.
- Fixed an issue with splatanas that caused players to perform two sequential horizontal slashes following a charged slash even if they only pressed the ZR Button once.
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where players would not take damage for a certain amount of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.
- Implemented measures to prevent issues where players would clip through and get stuck in terrain when turning from swim form into humanoid form near a Tacticooler placed in the corner of certain maps.
Because this update patch focuses on additional fixes to connection-related issues and fixes to some control and battle-related issues, we have prioritized its release.
We identified an issue where communications with the server are interrupted during a battle or job shift due to settings on the player’s network equipment and their internet provider.
We have implemented measures to reduce communication interruptions and reduce subsequent errors after a battle or job shift even if an interruption does occur.
Additionally, we have implemented provisional fixes regarding some problems that affect the feeling and feedback of controls while playing.
In the case of the issue with clipping through terrain when using a Tacticooler, we decided that it was more important to quickly release a solution that mitigates the issue rather than hold out for a “perfect fix.”
Furthermore, if players are found to be harassing other players or otherwise violating Nintendo’s Community Guidelines by intentionally exploiting game bugs, we are actively taking measures including suspension of online play.
The next patch will focus primarily on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside the scope of the current patch.
We continue to observe and analyze battle data and are planning to make further adjustments around the midpoint of the current season.
As once again noted, Nintendo will continue to monitor battle data and make further adjustments accordingly. Have you downloaded this update yet? Noticed anything else? Tell us in the comments.