Former Telltale developers have announced that they are remastering the episodic Sam & Max game Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space and it is coming to the Nintendo Switch family of systems on 8th December. The studio became defunct in 2018 after the last shareholder pulled out but was later revived by LCG Entertainment. You can check out the newly released trailer for Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space in the tweet below and you can read on for the key features for the adventure.
- An adventure game that makes you laugh: Explore unexpected places, chat with eccentric characters, and tease out brain-tickling puzzles in an interactive story that has a joke hiding behind every hotspot.
- Beautifully remastered: Lighting, lip-sync, cinematography, audio, music, and more have been updated and enhanced to bring Sam & Max’s second episodic season up to modern standards.
- No walkthrough required: The game detects when you’re stuck and provides subtle contextual hints. Hint frequency can be customized to accommodate all playing styles.
- Optional driving mini-games: Take the wheel of Sam & Max’s 1960 DeSoto convertible for fun diversions from the story. The hood decals and car upgrades you win carry over across episodes.
- Localization: English voice with subtitles in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.